Hilton Columbus /
BOARD AND BANQUET COMMITTEE MEMBERS HAVE ACQUIRED
As stated by Mark Wehinger
in his President’s Message (November newsletter) “Any
donations from chapter members will be very much appreciated.
EX: use of a vacation
condo, hunts, used guns, boats, fishing trips, house painting, carpet
cleaning, OSU or BLUE JACKETS tickets, accounting work, etc., etc., We
can use it!!!
The following items are
presently listed for general viewing but may be modified prior to
the banquet date of April 6, 2013. Also, numerical
order for these items will be added prior to the banquet when all items
have been received.
#3: Be sure to check out the
following quality guns being offered in the Live Auction:
FOR OUTFITTERS: if you are interested in
donating a hunt, you can download a copy of the donation form below.
Return the completed form to:
CENTRAL OHIO SCI LIVE AUCTION LISTINGS, 2013 BANQUET
1. WHEELBARROW OF BOOZE: This brand new wheelbarrow and the 20 containers of “liquid refreshment are just what’s needed to kick off tonight’s activities!!!
2. Newfoundland Moose & Ptarmigan: Trevor Keough of Rock Camp Outfitters has donated a 6-day hunt for 2 hunters to harvest 2 bull moose and hunt ptarmigan. Hunt to take place September or October , 2013 or 2014. This is a rifle or bow hunt and includes float plane or helicopter flight into camp, lodging, meals, and guiding. Each hunter is responsible for his moose tag @ $450.00 each. Black Bear tags can be added for $400.00 each and ptarmigan/small game tags for $125.00. Hotel room before hunt $100.00; and after hunt $100.00. Trevor will provide the necessary Canadian gun forms. Passports required. This has been a VERY popular hunt and eight of our chapter members have experienced 100% success on moose with Trevor and his staff. You can read a recent/2011 Rock Camp moose hunt report that’s posted on our chapter web site. Note: Ask Barry Casoli about the great trout fishing right out their front door.
Rock Camp Outfitter’s site: www.rockcamp.nfnet.net
3. OHIO DEER YOUTH HUNT: Stay the evening in a heated cabin in Southern Delaware County and hunt with a bow, slug gun, or muzzleloader. Snacks and beverages included, plus breakfast cooked to order. This has been a great Dad/Uncle/Grand Dad or Mom and youth outing. Results of the last 15 SCI youth hunts I’ve donated have been 100%!!! Contact Tim McKelvey (614) 891-5309, or cell: (614) 309-0281 or email at Tim12Gauge@insight.rr.com for particulars. Donor Value: PRICELESS
4. INDIANHEAD RANCH: Our longtime friends , Laurent and Diane Delagrange have once again donated a very nice 3 day hunt for 2 hunters for 1 Armenian Mouflon up to 24”. Hunter’s choice, rifle, bow or handgun. Included: Del Rio Airport pickup and return, 2 X 1 guide, trophy fee, private rooms and bath (4 nights) and great/food refreshments. Observer(s) are welcome to accompany hunters at $150 per day. Indianhead Ranch is located just north of Del Rio, Texas and is bordered by the pristine waters of the Devils River. This ranch’s 10,000 acres are teaming with over 30 exotic and domestic game species. Hunts to be taken in 2013. Many Central Ohio SCI members have hunted Indianhead and will attest to the great animals, fine accommodations and the warm hospitality provided by Laurent, Diane and their experienced staff. Check the Indianhead hunt reports on our chapter website and also visit them at: www.indianheadranch.com
EASTERN CAPE, SOUTH AFRICA, with RICHARD HOLMES SAFARIS
7. LAKE ERIE PERCH FISHING CHARTER: Captain Eddie Volan (aka: SLUGGO) has been running his charter boat operation on Lake Erie for 26 years and has donated this 6 person perch fishing charter to our chapter for the past 8 years. Located in Port Clinton, charter includes bait, ice and tackle for 6 passengers (or less) for 6 ½ hours or limit. Trip to take place July 20-September 20, 2013. No children under 12 years of age, please. Once charter is booked, no changes may be made. After 21 days, if customer cancels charter, all money paid is non-refundable. Visit the Sluggo’s Charters web site and you’ll see why Eddie is continually ranked one of the best fishing charter men on Lake Erie. www.sluggo’scharter.com
8. OHIO TROPHY DEER YOUTH HUNT: Carlisle Legacy Whitetails will gladly donate a Youth Hunt. This hunt is for 1 (one) “Under the age of 18” hunter who is accompanied by his/her guardian. (Father, Mother, Grandfather, Grandmother, Uncle, etc.) The youth can harvest up to a “150” Trophy Class Whitetail Deer on their private hunting estate. They will also be given the opportunity to harvest 1 (one) mature doe during the hunt.
The high bidder will partake in a three (3) day hunt; Thursday, Friday & Saturday. (arrive Wednesday evening; depart on Sunday morning) This hunt will occur during available 2013 hunting season dates; September through December. Book your hunts early for best hunting dates! A guide will accompany you and you’ll hunt from luxurious Ranch King Blinds with propane heaters or one of over a dozen tree stands. Choose your weapon: rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader, pistol or bow.
Hunt may be upgraded: additional hunters/non-hunters may be added per brochure/website listed prices. You’ll stay in the comfort of first class accommodations on the hunting preserve and be served three fabulous meals per day. Calisle Legacy Whitetails is the place where “Whitetail Dreams” really do come true. They are a privately owned Wild Animal Preserve tucked away on 300 beautiful rolling acres in Walhonding, Ohio offering first class trophy whitetail hunts. Please visit their booth here this evening. Also view their website at: www.carlislelegacywhitetails.com
This rifle is a DPMS AR-15
.223/.556 NATO caliber in BLACK, and it’s BEAUTIFUL!!!. Proceeds from
the sale of this rifle will help fund our Chapter’s ongoing support of
the various WOUNDED WARRIOR PROGRAMS. Your generosity in past years has
been overwhelming. You can view this rifle at:
WARRIOR DEER HUNT:
The winning bidder and his/her Wounded Warrior will enjoy a 3 day hunt
for whitetail deer up to 160” class
at the world class Briarwood Sporting Club in
11. STARR & BODILL AFRICAN SAFARIS: Hunt the Eastern Cape of South Africa with Professional Hunters Dwaine Starr and Louis Bodhill. Dwaine has donated African safaris at our last six banquets and has certainly provided a number of our members many memorable safari experiences. This 10 day hunt for 4 hunters includes: daily rates, a $2000. credit towards trophy fees ($500. per hunter), all ground transportation, full service of experienced professional hunters (two hunter/one PH) and staff, pick up at East London, S. Africa airport and transfer to their lodge/hunting concession, hunting licenses, 14% VAT tax, trophy handling/raw prep and permit fees, daily laundry, all meals and open bar. The majority of your safari will take place within a 200,000 acre conservancy. 10 day itinerary: Day 1 –East London, S.A. airport pick up. Days 2-9 are full hunting days. Day 10- Return to East London, S.A. airport. Hunt can be taken in 2013 or 2014. Due to terrain, this is a rifle hunt only. Not Included: Taxidermy fees (trophy transportation to taxidermist, dip and pack or mounting and shipping of trophies after the safari to your home country), any days added to the safari, sightseeing tours, additional persons (hunters or observers), airline flights and gratuities. One pre-safari night (costing approx. $100.) is required in Johannesburg (Afton House B&B) at the buyers’ expenses, This African adventure will be planned to the finest detail by U.S.safari owners Dwaine & Britney Starr long before your journey begins. They will assist you in the process of securing dates for your trip, book flights, provide necessary paperwork and gun applications and follow up on your trophies shipping after the hunt. Please visit their booth here this evening. Also, you can view their comprehensive website at: www.sbafricansafaris.com
12. BULLET BACKSTOP:
Mol, founder and co-owner of BULLET BUNKER PRODUCTS is donating
the custom painted bullet backstop that’s on display here this evening.
BULLET BUNKER is the hottest product presently being offered in the
shooting sports industry and is revolutionizing shooting activities in
both commercial and residential settings. This particular model will
handle all the dangerous game rifles up to .470 Nitro Express. Be sure
to visit Gary at his booth this evening.
13. MICHIGAN SALMON FISHING TRIP: Former Central Ohio Chapter President and world class angler, Greg Rustemeyer, and his good buddy Jerry Gulley, are donating 2 days of salmon fishing on the picturesque Pere Marquette River in Western Michigan. This trip is for 2 people and will be taken in Sept. 2013. Included: 2 nights lodging, meals, drinks in moderation (I don’t believe that) , personal guide service (1 X 1) ,fly fishing equipment and flies. Not included: Transportation to Baldwin, Michigan and fishing licenses. See Greg for details.
14. TROPHY HUNT AT DOUBLE D RANCH: Dannie and Nina Carte, owners of Double D, have certainly been long time supporters of our Central Ohio Chapter. This year they’re donating a $2500. credit to be applied towards the trophy fee on any of their deer, ram, antelope, sheep, wild boar, goat, elk, and the list of available animals goes on and on. The Double D is nestled in the heart of Southern Ohio’s spectacular alpine wilderness of Vinton County and is one of the nation’s foremost trophy hunting facilities. Winning bidder can stay overnight at their lodge and then enjoy a day of great hunting. A guide, field dressing, use of their ground blinds or tree stands are all included. Your choice: gun, bow, handgun or muzzleloader. Odds are you WILL take home a nice trophy. All their info can be viewed at: www.ddranch.com
15. TROPHY/CUSTOM CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES: Coppersmith Global Logistics specializes in the importation of hunting trophies from around the world and they’ve donated two (2) $450.00 U.S. Customs clearance certificates. They have offices in nine major U.S. cities and state,, “Tell us where your trophies are and we’ll get them home to you”. Winning bidder simply contact Coppersmith prior to importation, supply certificate(s) for validation and complete necessary U.S. Customs power of attorney. www.huntingtrophy.com
16. SASCATCHEWAN: CANADIAN TROPHY ELK: Award winning Silvertine Wildlife has once again donated a 3 day hunt for 2 hunters, hunting the elk species of their choice. (Rocky Mountain, Roosevelt, Manitoban or Russian White Elk starting at 325 SCI) This donation covers “Preserve Fees” for both hunters (a $1100 value) plus a $1900 “Trophy Fee” credit, to be shared between the two clients as they see fit. Hunt will include 4 nights and 3 days of fully serviced accommodations. All bedding, meals and non-alcohol beverages provided, plus professional guide service, field prep of meat, cape, preparation of antlers for transportation, official SCI scoring, and use of shooting range. Not included: Balance owing on trophy fees on game taken, alcoholic beverages, car rental (available at the airport. camp is an approx. 2 hour drive) and gratuities. Silvertine is one of Saskatchewan Canada’s most challenging and heavily forested hunt estates. Elk and Deer are free roaming on over 1000 acres of old growth aspen and spruce, along with many rolling hills, streams and gullies. Silvertine specializes in Archery and Muzzleloader hunts, but rifle enthusiasts are always welcome. Hunting can be done from large enclosed tree stands or still-hunting the timber. Your party will be the only hunters on the estate at this time, and have exclusive use. Export permits are also provided. Hunters can choose from a large selection of dates between August 20, 2013and November 29, 2013, or they can choose to hunt the 2014 or 2015 season. A visit to their very well done and most extensive website is a “must see” experience at: www.silvertine.ca
TROPHY WHITETAIL DEER HUNT:
We’ll also be offering a Silvertine
Wildlife TROPHY WHITETAIL DEER HUNT starting at 140 SCI.
18. BRIARWOOD SPORTING CLUB WHITETAIL HUNT: Our friends at Briarwood in Bellefontaine, Ohio have generously donated a 1 person, 3 day hunt for an “up to 160” Northeastern Whitetail Deer. Briarwood has spent years compiling the industry’s best genetics in an attempt to provide their clients with some of the largest deer in North America. Includes: lodging, meals, beverages, guide, transportation of trophies to local meat processor/taxidermist, daily fees for 1 hunter and one mature trophy whitetail buck scoring up to 160”. Method of take: hunter’s choice. Hunter has the option to upgrade and/or harvest additional animals. Additional hunters are welcome and may book at a 10% discount from our current price list. Briarwood is located 45 minutes Northwest of Columbus, Ohio. Hunt to be taken September 29 – December 19, 2013 or 2014. Taxidermy/shipping and gratuities are not included but can be arranged. Briarwood is located 45 minutes Northwest of Columbus, Ohio.
While hunting at Briarwood, you’ll also have access to Ohio’s best fishing. Try your luck in one of their eleven lakes for largemouth bass, blue gill and perch, or cast a fly in one of their many streams for trophy Rainbow, Brook, Brown and Golden Trout. Please visit Chris Daniels and his staff at the Briarwood booth this evening. Also, check out their fine website at: www.briarwoodwhitetails.com
19. PHEASANT HUNT AT THE VAN DARBY CLUB: This will be a 10 bird pheasant hunt for up to 3 hunters at The Van Darby Club north of Mechanicsburg. Hunt can be videotaped by the host and will include transportation from Columbus, a guide, one of the club’s dogs (winning bidder may use own dog) a gourmet lunch and libations after the hunt. Additional pheasants and/or Hungarian partridges can be added for a nominal fee. Hunt may be taken in the 2013-2014 season, October through March.
Hosted by Tim McKelvey. Email Tim12Gauge@insight.rr.com for any additional info.
20. FLORIDA VACATION STAY: This beautiful 3 bedroom private home is located in the prestigious Pelican Sound Golf and River Club, 20 minutes from the Ft. Meyers airport. It will be offered for 7 to 10 days during the months of August, September, October and November of 2013. It’s also available in 2014, June-November. Call Mark Wehinger for availability information. It’s fully furnished and has it’s own pool and hot tub, This home is only10 minutes to the ocean. (2) foursome rounds of golf is included. Pictures and additional info available at banquet. Thank you Mark Wehinger for this donation.
21. LIMPOPO PROVINCE, SOUTH AFRICA: Our long time friend and strong chapter supporter, Bobby Hansen, of Bobby Hansen Safaris has generously donated a 7-day, 2 hunter hunt in the Limpopo Province of South Africa, along the Crocodile River. This is a plains game hunt for 2 hunters and can be scheduled for 2013 or 2014. Includes: guides (1 X 1), lodging, meals, airport pick-up and return to Johannesburg. Also included are trophy fees for 2 impala and 2 bleesbucks. Bird hunting can be added; ammo extra. Non-hunter/observer(s) welcome at $250. per day. Many or our chapter members have enjoyed hunting with Bobby. Visit his well done informative website at: www.bobbyhansensafaris.com
22. NEW ZEALAND HUNT: Chris and Peg Bilkey of Track and Trail Safaris are once again donating a great 5 day rifle hunt, for 1 hunter (1 X 1) hunting Tahr, Chamois or Fallow Buck , all free range. (Red stag available per price list). Includes: all meals, “homestyle” lodging, guide, field prep, pickup and drop at Christ Church Airport plus a $1000. credit towards trophies of hunter’s choice. (not applicable on pending hunts) Hunt dates; March-August, 2013 or 2014. Additional hunter and/or non-hunter welcome for $550. and $250. (respectively) per day. Members of our chapter have hunted with Chris and Peg and speak very highly of their hunting experiences, breathtaking scenery, the warm hospitality and the one-on-one attention extended. No need for a lot of “hype” on this auction item, simply visit their website at: www.chrisilkey.co.nz Hey,,, is that Craig Boddington next to Chris in that one picture?
24. CABO SAN LUCAS-BAJA MEXICO: PRIVATE RESORT, 7 DAY/6 NIGHT FOR 2: Hacienda Cerritos is a very private luxury boutique hotel located on a oceanfront bluff with a beach that’s recognized as the best in Cabo; world renown for exceptional surfing. Enjoy the beach, their amazing pool or just sit back and relax. Very safe area with restaurant and bar on premises or drive 7 miles down the beach to a 5 Star Supper Club. Hacienda Cerritos offers the ultimate relaxing warm weather get-away. No blackout dates. Winner to call Kelly at (971-544-7645 for requested dates. Check their site at: www.haciendacerritos.com
25. SCOTLAND: ROE DEER HUNT ON BALMORAL ESTATE: This is a 1 person hunt for 2 Roe Deer (bucks) on the Royal Family’s Balmoral 49,000 acre Estate in June, 2013 (if available) or 2014. Success rate: 100%. Includes: ROUND TRIP coach airfare from Port Columbus Airport, all ground transfers, two (2) roe buck licenses and trophy fees, lodging at the luxurious Glen Lui Hotel, meals and guide fees. Not included: alcohol and gratuities. This donation is offered by Michael Grosse , owner, International Adventures Unlimited. Michael has held the exclusive hunting rights on the Estate since 2003 and will be personally hosting the successful bidder to insure the hunt goes exactly as presented. (rental of game keeper’s rifle is recommended) Michael’s company also has the necessary U.S. Fish and Wildlife import licenses and can ship, receive and clear trophies very inexpensively for the winning bidder. (approx.$290.) Hunt begins on day 1, arrival in Scotland on day 2, hunting and other activities on days 3, 4 and 5 and return home on day 6. Because the number of bucks available each year depends on the number that the Royal Family keeps for themselves, the second buck may be harvested on a neighboring estate.
NOTE: Successful bidder will also be permitted to have a second hunter join him/her for a $2000. Discount off the normal $6950. Price
Also, a non-hunter/guest may be added for $2950. which includes the round trip airfare, transfers, lodging and meals. Michael’s wife, Danielle, and her driver of 15 years, will make sure that the non-hunter(s) have a great experience touring historical sites, castles and shopping. Hunter(s) and guest(s) also have the opportunity to ride the Queen’s horses and possibly play a round of golf on the Royal Family’s private course. (Minimal estate charges)
This would also be a great opportunity to extend your stay in the UK or Europe and Michael and Danielle are certainly able to assist with any such plans. (additional airfare and lodging on extensions would be traveler’s expense) www.internationaladventure.us
MONTANA ELK HUNT:
Edwin Johnson of Montana Guide Service
is again donating a 5 Day Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt for 1 Hunter. This is
a 2 X 1 hunt on a private 9000 acre concession in Area 313 just to the
north of Yellowstone National Park. Hunt includes meals, lodging, guide
and game prep. Hunter to purchase elk license at $815.00. Mule deer
can be added for only an additional $140.00. Trip arrival and departure
point is Gardiner, Montana.
27. ARIZONA: COUES DEER HUNT: Steve Ward of Ward’s Outfitters is donating a 5 Day Coues Deer Rifle Hunt in Southern Arizona. Hunt to be taken in October or November, 2013 and includes: lodging, meals, 2 X 1 guide and transportation in the field Arrival/departure point is Tucson. Bear may be added @ $2500. Not included: AZ. license/tag @ $383.00. Winning bidder must bring second hunter paying the $3950.00 normal booking fee. Visit Steve’s impressive website at: www.wardsoutfitters.com
28. MOSAMBIQUE: SABLE AND PLAINS GAME HUNT: Roger Whittall and Peter Wood of Roger Whittall Safaris are offering this outstanding 7 day, 2 hunter safari for Sable and plains game in the Niassa-Nungu Safari Area in Mozambique. Includes all daily fees for 2 hunters with one Professional Hunter, meals, comfortable lodging (tented accommodations w/hot showers), guides, trackers, skinners, etc. This is a high quality classic African safari and you’ll be hunting in an area known for excellent quality trophy animals. Kindly refer to the website for a schedule of trophy fees. Arrival and departure city is Pemba, Mozambique. Air charter from Pemba to camp in Niassa is approximately $1550 each way pending fuel price and can be shared by both hunters. Or,,, vehicle transfer to camp is $600. each way shared by both hunters. (approx. 6 hours drive) Not included: Transport and Vet permits to Chimoio, $250@., hunting license per hunter, $300@., rifle license per rifle, $300@. or gratuities. Hunt to be taken between August and November, 2013. (It may be possible to move this hunt to 2014 pending scheduled bookings) No need for a lot of conversation about either of these Roger Whittall hunts. www.safarisafrica-zimbabwe.com
NOTE: You may also do a search: Roger Whittall Safaris Zimbabwe and read interesting history/info about Roger on the www.ausafaris.com site. (third from the top)
29. ZIMBABWE: PLAINS GAME HUNT: Roger Whittall and Peter Woods of Roger Whittall Safaris are offering another great hunt; a 7 day, 1 hunter plains game hunt in Roger’s 130,000 acre Humani concession in the Save (sah-vey) Valley Conservancy in Southeastern Zimbabwe. Includes: All daily fees, one Professional Hunter, meals, lodging in their very traditional chalet camp, guides, trackers, skinners, cooks, etc. Arrival and departure city is Harare, Zimbabawe. One hour air charter from Harare to the camp is approx. $1200. each way, or, a 5 hour vehicle transfer is $400. each way. Not included: 2% Gov’t. levy on the cost of the safari, dipping and packing of trophies, or gratuities. Hunt to be taken August through November, 2013
Mark Wehinger has booked many safaris with Roger and Peter and has hunted seven times in this particular camp/concession. When asked to describe both this hunting area and Roger’s Safari Co., Mark said, “The area is “Plains game Paradise”, and, regarding the company, “Legendary”. Enough said.
Please refer to the other Whittall Safari Co. Mozambique hunt for the website and interesting historical search information.
30. SOUTH DAKOTA PHEASANT HUNT: this is a 3 day pheasant hunt for 2 hunters in Wessington, S. Dakota where you’ll be hunting on over 9,000 acres of private farmland. Includes: all you can eat home cooked meals, lodging, guides, dogs, 3 roosters per day, trap shooting, field and trap ammo, all field transportation, bird processing and freezing. Owners, Kevin and Kristie Teveldal (and their 5 sons) will be your hosts and simply say, “We are a family cattle and ag farm, not a game farm, that has an abundance of wild pheasants. We invite you to our farm in east central South Dakota for one of the best bird hunting experiences you’ll ever encounter. (access to a separate 2500 acre area where 15 additional birds per day per hunter are allowed is available at additional cost) May be taken in 2013 or 2014. Visit their comprehensive web site at: www.pheasantcity.com and be sure to read some of their testimonials.
31. BRIARWOOD FISHING MEMBERSHIP: Chris Daniels at Briarwood Sporting Club has once again donated a one year membership to their fishing club. Come see why Briarwood has been Ohio’s best kept secret for the past 30 years. Their trout streams offer some of the finest fishing in the country for Rainbow, Brook, Brown and Golden Trout. Overnight accommodations include three rustic lodges, each located on their own private lake, which abound with Largemouth Bass and Bluegill. If you enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking or just being outdoors, then Briarwood is the place for you. With over 475 spectacular acres covered with numerous lakes and trout streams, Briarwood is the largest private fishing resort east of the Mississippi. Please stop by Chris’s booth this evening and also be sure to visit Briarwood’s most impressive website at: www.BriarwoodClub.com
32. QUALITY MICHIGAN WHITETAIL DEER HUNT: Whitehouse Whitetails has once again donated a 2 day, 1 hunter and 1 observer hunt for a 160” management buck on their expansive properties outside Ravenna, Michigan. (20 miles N.W. of Grand Rapids and approx. 300 miles for Columbus) Includes: hearty meals and 3 nights comfortable lodging with private bath, (1 X 1) guide and field prep of trophy. Reasonably priced meat processing also available on site. Hunter’s choice: Bow or gun. Hunt to be taken Sept. 15th through Jan. 15th 2013, or 2014 and can be upgraded for turkey or larger deer. Additional hunter(s) are welcome at $4350.00 each and observers at $350 each. No other license or fees are required. Whitehouse Whitetails offers some of the finest deer hunting in Michigan, and because of their extensive experience in the business of “growing BIG bucks”, they’ve become one of the leaders in their industry, assisting and supplying hunting reserves throughout North America with all aspects of assistance from managerial expertise to breeder stock. If you’re ready for that real “shooter”, this is the place. Gratuities, taxidermy work and transportation to our location , not included. Please visit Pete Conley and his staff at their booth this evening. Also,, checkout their impressive website at: www.whitehousewhitetails.com
AFRICAN LEATHERWORK: Legends Taxidermy and
Legends Outfitting of Scottville & Grand
Rapids, MI are donating a very unique Axis hide rifle case, and 18” X
18” Springbok pillow and a custom Springbok rifle sling.
Please visit Jamie and Jim at their
booth this evening. (you just might recognize Jim from his shows on the
Outdoor and Sportsmen’s channels) His company logo says it all: “Your
Ticket to Adventure”.
34. MINK VEST: ROBERT SCOTT FURS: Our favorite furrier, Bob Eisenbach, is donating a ladies’ mink vest that’s reversible to taffeta. Please stop by Bob’s display this evening and thank him for all the 20 years of support he’s extend our chapter.
35. “QUALITY HANDGUN” and CCW CLASS:
Back by popular demand for this
package. (4th year). Interesting that Rex Gore, owner of
Black Wing Shooting Center in Delaware recently said,, “You know,, we’re
donating a quality concealed carry class again this year and you’ve just
GOT to offer a quality handgun to go along with it”. So,, he cut us a
great deal on a brand new Sig Sauer 238 stainless semi-auto pistol
in .380 with rosewood grips
holster and a carrying case.
You can check out this “quality” concealed carry piece at the banquet
and you can visit Black Wing at:
LIMITED EDITION SCI GUN OF THE YEAR:
Please visit our website’s
page for details about the HUMANITARIAN EFFORT PROGRAM and some of the
ways our Chapter
37. NEWFOUNDLAND MOOSE HUNT: Barb Genge at Tuckamore Lodge has once again offered a very fine Moose hunt in Area 40, Main Brook, Newfoundland. This is a 6 day, Sunday to Sunday hunt for 1hunter, to be taken in September 2013 or 2014. Hunter to call ASAP to reserve a 2013 date. Includes 4 Star lodging, gourmet meals, 1 X 1 guide, field prep of game AND pickup at either the Deer Lake or the St. Anthony airport. Hunter’s choice: Rifle, Muzzleloader or bow. Not included: Moose tag @ $450.available for purchase at the Lodge. Woodland caribou and/or Black Bear can be added per price list. Additional hunter welcome at $4900.., non-hunter/observer at $1000. The Tuckamore Lodge is located on Newfoundland’s scenic Northern Peninsula and a number of our chapter members have enjoyed the hospitality and great hunting extended by Barb and her staff. This hunt has been a great hunter/spouse trip. Barb says,, “If you’re considering this Moose hunt,, just visit our website and read all about us. We’ll make sure you have a wonderful hunting experience.”
So,,, do as the good lady says and visit: www.tuckamorelodge.com
38. TAXIDERMY: FULL SIZE BODY MOUNT: Brian Drake of Drake’s Wildlife Studio in Lockbourne is donating a full body mount of a Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, Antelope or any African animal of like dimension. Winning bidder may also apply this work to any mount of greater value. Brian is a “hands on” owner specializing in all types of North American and African game and has received numerous State and National awards. Visit Brian’s display booth this evening and you’ll see why he’s been recognized as one of the finest taxidermists in Ohio for the past 20 years. You can also visit his well done website at: www.animalartstudiotaxidermy.com
39. ARTWORK: Noted Ohio artist, William John, Jr. is donating an original 18” X 24” painting or portrait of your choice. Round up the family, bring along your favorite pet or simply drive your classic car over to William’s studio in Lima and he’ll create an amazing portrait or painting for you. This would be a GREAT gift. Please visit William’s booth at tonight’s banquet and also view some of his unbelievable creations on his website at: www.williamjohnjr.com
40. ZULU NYALA PHOTO SAFARI: A big “Thank You” goes out to Trevor Shaw, owner of Zulu Nyala for offering this most popular South African photo safari to our chapter the past 8 years. This donation is a six day, six night adventure for 2 people at the Zulu Nyala private game reserve. You can choose to either stay at their Heritage Safari lodge or their Hemingway style Luxury Tents at the Heritage Safari Lodge. Included will be: 6 nights lodging, three meals per day prepared by the finest International chefs, 2 daily game viewing activities guided by your own professional game ranger in open safari vehicles.. This Zulu Nyala reserve is nestled in one of Africa’s richest conservation areas and is home to majestic elephants, giraffes, white rhinos, Cape buffalo, leopard, abundant plains game and over 400 species of bird life. You’ll definitely have many opportunities to take extraordinary photographs while enjoying some of the finest views Africa has to offer. Additional activities and available side trips are too numerous to mention. If you’ve always wanted to go on an African camera safari, this is the one. www.zulunyala.com
41. MACHINE GUN SHOOT AT BLACKWING: Back by popular demand!!! Mark Wehinger would like to host another MACHINE GUN SHOOT and will provide the following FOUR fully automatic “pieces”: A vintage .45 caliber Thompson Machine Gun, an M16 in .223 , an MP5 in 9MM and a STG in 9MM PLUS 1000 ROUNDS OF AMMO . Shoot to held at Black Wing Shooting Center and will be scheduled at a convenient time for the high bidder in 2013. High bidder will also decide how many other “shooters” he/she would like to invite. Lunch will be provided along with a video taping of the event. (each “shooter” will receive a copy)
Your office staff
or a group of your friends will talk about this shoot forever.
42. ALBERTA MOOSE HUNT: Eric Rauhanen, owner of Silver Fox Outfitters has once again donated his very popular 6 day, 1 hunter Bull Moose hunt in the Carrot Creek Area of Alberta. This is a rifle hunt and will take place in November, 2013. Includes: tent camp lodging, meals and guide. Moose license extra @ $800. Hunt arrival/departure is Edmonton, Alberta Airport with transportation to and from camp provided. Depending on flight arrival, a hotel may be needed the night of your arrival at hunter’s expense of (approx.) $100.
Hunt Description: The moose have finished rutting and will usually be concentrated in tamarack and muskeg fringe areas. A light snow is common in November and bulls are easier to spot and track. Our area has many logging roads and countless miles of cut lines. We use four-wheel drive trucks and ATV’s extensively. This Moose hunt is the “real deal” and has been enjoyed by a number of Central Ohio SCI members. www.silverfoxoutfitters.com
43. ENGLAND: ROE DEER HUNT: International Ph, Kevin Downer, of Kevin Downer Consultants, is once again offering a 3 Day Roe Deer trophy, 1X1 guide service, field prep of game, all ground transportation during the hunt, and choice of scoped rifles. TRIP ITINERARY: Collection by car at airport to lodging of your choice; from a farmhouse B&B to the finest boutique hotels. For the non-hunting companion, fully chauffeured individually tailored London shopping and historic sightseeing in the heart of London are available. Arrival/Departure point is London. Not included: Accommodations, meals, taxidermy prep, airport transfers and gratuities. Kevin offers the discerning hunters the very best trophy game Britain has to offer on the estates he manages. From Roe Deer to Red Deer and 8 other deer species in between, when it comes to trophy deer hunting in England, for the past 25 years, Kevin has been referred to as the “go to guy”. Quite simply stated, Kevin has placed 8 of the past 10 Weatherby Award winners on their trophies. www.KevDowner.co.uk
44. BRONZE: “PERILOUS TRAIL” This classic Western adventure pack trip scene is the work of world renowned Master Sculptor, Lorenzo Ghiglieri. His works grace some of the finest private art collections in the world. From the White House to the Vatican, Mr. Chiglieri’s works are there. This particular bronze will be on display at the banquet and can be viewed by visiting Lorenzo’s website. Click on “Sculptures”, then “ Western and Native” www.art_lorenzo.com
45. LAKE ERIE WALLEYE FISHING CHARTER: Capt. Eddie Volan is offering a second Lake Erie outing for our auction. This one’s a 6 person walleye charter that includes bait, ice, and tackle for an 8 hour charter or limit. Please scroll up and view auction item #8 to read all of Eddie’s particulars. Same conditions will apply to this charter. No children under 12 years of age, please. We’ve all heard that Lake Erie is the Walleye Capital of the world.,, but Eddie will tell you, “ They got it all wrong because Lake Erie is actually the Walleye Capital of the Universe!” To be taken April1 – September 10, 2013 www.sluggo’scharters.com
46. TWO HUNTER OHIO WATERFOWL HUNT: Chapter member and goose hunter extraordinaire, Al Hevezi of Heveshot Outfitters is donating another duck and goose hunt for 2 hunters this year. This will be either a morning or afternoon Central Ohio field hunt and will include all decoys, layout equipment, snacks and lunch. Hunter must have all necessary Ohio and Federal licenses/stamps, etc. and use a shogun set up for hunting waterfowl. (3 shot maximum) Hunt will take place in January, 2014. FYI. Mark Wehinger said, “ This was a GREAT hunt! I shot till I almost ran out of shells.”
DAY WITH THE OHIO DIVISION OF WILDLIFE:
48. SASKATCHEWAN BIG GAME HUNT: Roger Giesige, of Stoney Greek Adventures has donated a free-range big game hunt on the Red Pheasant Indian Reservation in Saskatchewan, Canada with Monsters Inc. The winning bidder can hunt for one of the following: Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, Moose or Elk. (Moose and Elk are limited, but available) The hunter doesn’t have to determine which animal he/she wants before the hunt, as the license is good for any animal of their choice. Includes: pickup and return to the Saskatoon airport if needed, 1 X 2 guiding, food, lodging, field transportation and caping of game. Not included: License ($300.00), taxidermy, meat processing, or tips. Upgrades for a second animal are available. Hunt is good for available dates in 2013. Hunt may not be used by anyone who has previously hunted with Monsters, Inc. and trip cannot be transferred from the original buyer unless approved by Stoney Creek Adventures. Additional hunters are welcome and pay $3800.00, which includes license. Visit Roger at his Stoney Creek Adventures booth this evening for further details.NOTE: This is Roger’s second year as a vendor/outfitter/booking agent at our banquet and a number of members have been extremely satisfied with his services. You can also visit Roger’s website at: www.stoneycreekadventures
49. MISSOURI DEER/TURKEY COMBO BOW HUNT FOR 2: Drake Dawson of Safari Unlimited is donating a 5 Day, 5 Night deer and turkey hunt for two hunters in Central Missouri/Callaway County. Each hunter permitted to take 2 turkeys, one buck and one doe (total 4 animals each). Includes lodging at his own Tonanzio’s Cedar Lake Lodge, gourmet meals, 2X1 guide, field prep of game, transport from Columbia, Mo. airport. Fishing and goose hunting also available at no charge. Not included: Mo. licenses, approx. $200. for each hunter, meat processing, taxidermy, tips, or alcohol. Hunt to be taken during October, 2013 or 2014.
Email for information at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Drake’s website at: safariunlimitedworldwide.com
50. KREIGHOFF SAFARI CLASSIC 500 NITRO EXPRESS DOUBLE RIFLE: This dangerous game double rifle comes with a hard case and 80 rounds of factory ammunition. It is a previously purchased rifle, has been fired ten times, is in like new condition and can be viewed at the gun table during the banquet. www.kreighoff.com
51. CUSTOM CONCRETE AND IRON COFFEE TABLE: This very unique table has an ornamental iron base with alligator feet, a textured alligator top and is the work of local artisans at DelCol Concrete and Fortin Ironworks. Dimensions: 30” X 50”, approx. 210 lbs.. A very special thanks to chapter member Mark Del Col, his staff and Dan Fortin of Fortin Ironworks for this very special one-of-a-kind donation.
SAFARI MAGNUM RIFLE in .416 RIGBY/ SCI AFRICAN LION INITIATIVE:
Proceeds from the sale of this rifle will help support SCI’s ongoing efforts
with numerous organizations to develop strategic plans for lion
conservation in Eastern and Southern
53. ONE DAY OF PRIVATE FLY FISHING LESSONS: Brian Flechsig of MAD RIVER OUTFITTERS has donated a one day Fly Fishing School for one person at the historic Zanesfield Rod & Gun Club. This is a 7 hour day of one-on-one attention and includes classroom time, lunch at the Club and plenty of “on the water” practice; a great opportunity for anyone wishing to correctly learn the sport of fly fishing. Use your own gear or all gear can be provided with prior arrangements. Minimum age is 12 years old. Students under 18 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Visit them at: www.madriveroutfitters.com and/or stop by their full line store at 813 Bethel Rd., in Columbus, OH.
54. ELDORET HUNTING, NAMIBIA: Nico Badebhurst of Eldoret Hunting is offering 7 days of hunting, w/2 days of transfer, for 9 days total time for 1 hunter. Includes: Airport transfer to and from the Rundu airport, exquisite cuisine, fine accommodations, Ph (2X1) Bushman (San people) trackers, trophy field prep, hunting permits and a $500.00 credit towards trophies hunted. Not included: $358.00 VAT on accommodations, taxidermy and shipping, sightseeing, gratuities for Ph and staff. Hunt can be taken from April 1, 2013 to April 30th, 2014. Best time for bow hunters is August through October. Nico proudly says, We’re family run and committed to providing our clients with personal attention and quality trophies.” Visit their website at: www.eldorethunting.com.na
55. UBATHI SAFARI, SOUTH AFRICA: This is a 10 day hunt for up to 4 hunters and 4 observers in the Thabazimbi area of the Limpopo Province. Each hunter will receive a $1200.00 credit to be applied to trophy fees and be will offered a free varmint hunt during your stay. Included: All daily fees for hunters and observers, luxury accommodations with en-suite bathrooms, daily laundry service, great meals and all bottled water, soft drinks and alcoholic refreshments, transportation while hunting as well as to and from the Johannesburg Airport, hunting licenses, guides (2X1) skinning, field prep and delivery of trophies to taxidermist. Should you decide to have trophies done by Karoo Taxidermy, they will offer a $500.00 rebate to each hunter.
Your hosts and Professional Hunters will be Rene and Ronald Barnard. Not only do they offer great hunting opportunities, their staff is available to coordinate outstanding tours and adventures throughout South Africa. Check their very comprehensive website at: www.ubathisouthafrica.co.za
ADDITIONAL HUNTS, FISHING
TRIPS AND VARIOUS ITEMS ARE ARRIVING DAILY AND WILL BE POSTED FOR
NOTE: If you’re
frequently checking for new postings, be sure to click the “REFRESH”
icon on your browser bar (top of the screen).
is… when a web page is viewed
one day and then you return to that site the next for more viewing, your
computer captured that original page during the first viewing and has it
“held” for a quicker return/view. So, in order to ensure that your
computer is showing you the most current version of the page, just click
on the “refresh” and your computer will then go back out to the server
and do a full search and display all of the latest info.
The Central Ohio Chapter of Safari Club International has exercised reasonable care and prudence in the selection of auction and raffle items, but cannot accept any liability for their use or misuse. Therefore, the Central Ohio Club, its board and its member’s makes no warranty as to their suitability, safety, or function, either expressed or implied.
All items are non-transferable without the written consent of the officers of the Central Ohio Chapter of SCI.